Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Practical 4&5 - Metaaaaaaaaaa

Briefly reflect on lessons learnt from this practical via your EIR blog (and twitter):

So we learnt on new search engines like Meta Search Engine and Subject directory. I really thought meta was cool. Because it sounded cool. The url's are cool too.... metacrawler.com and mamma.com. But I thought both was not very relevant and friendly especially subject directory. I used galaxy.com. Totally unrelevant stuffs and I tried to find something most related to it.

a) What benefits do you get when using different search facilities to search for resources related to your topic?

Benefits I got is that I can find more articles that cannot be found in one search engine only. Different search engines produce different search results. Therefore, more information can be retrieved by using different search engines.

b) How do you feel about using site feeds in your blog?

Knowledge will be broaden with the introduction of site feeds, linking other blogs to yours.

c) What do you like best about collaborating on Wiki with other students who share similar research topic as you?

I will be able to know more about my topic which I may not know even after researching so much on it. It saves time as they shared their researches on the site. And I just have to edit the thread and add on more to it. The next batch of EIR students will also be able to view the information we put hard work into.
All in all, I still prefer google because I'm used to it after so many years. Habit to type google.com whenever I want to search for something. hahaha.

& I'm doing my portfolio now. A bit clueless on what I'm supposed to do. But I'll figure my way out tomorrow. Thursday is e-learning. Hope it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment